10% infill?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Markus Desel 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    randy.mcelroy
    Participant

The provided gcode and the factory files seem to do 10% infill in the wings. I own a lot of the 3dlabprints planes and none of them do that.

Why does this plane have infill in the wings?

Markus Desel

Hi Randy,
    while testing, this version of the wing had the best toughness. I wanted to make sure the wing holds up even when you make faster turns or have catch the plane after a stall. I am planning to release a lighter wing and a wing with an aerobatic airfoil in the future.
    It is not easy to create a stable wing with the 3dLabprint method thats bigger than 2,5meters, thats probably why there are no larger planes.
    I cant give an est on the lighter wing tho, because I dont want to release something thats not fully stable.

Greetings, Markus

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Markus Desel.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Markus Desel.
    thomasc5
    Participant

Hi Markus, Good to hear about the lighter wing. I did notice in your Maiden flight video that in the stall,the Kobuz does moderately drop a wing. Is there any washout ( reduced angle of attack at the wing tips) in the current design or future design. Just curious for when I start my own designs.
    Regards
    Tom

Markus Desel

Hi Thomas,
    I was thinking to add some washers just for scale purposes, since the original often uses them.
    If you want to design more efficient washers, I’ll gladly add them to the files, if you want.

Greetings, Markus

thomasc5
    Participant

Hi Markus…sorry here is an image to help describe washout. It helps reduce tip stall and wing drop during a stall.
    Tom

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Markus Desel

Oh, my bad. But I know what you mean I’ll try to include it in the wing rework.
    This the first plane I ever build and I really appreciate the knowledge you’re giving me. If you know anything else please keep it coming.

Greetings, Markus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.