3dlabprint F4U issue's

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Printing planes 3dlabprint F4U issue's

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On the F4u corsair fuselage_02 factory file not coming out right when sliced with simplify3d
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ma07vH2Ec9SO1TAf3s86XCJnSjzf9W17

Participant

turning / rotate the part will probably solve the problem.

Petr ŠťásekPetr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Tried different versions, this happens in Simplify3D v4.0.0 in v4.0.1 and 3.1.1 seems to be ok.

Participant

I am using S3D 4.0.1 , on section Fuselage_04 of the Corsair I cannot get a brim applied when I make a preview file. Without a brim I get lift on some corners.

Anyone else having this issue?

Participant

I am not getting any lift issues on F04 but i am seeing other issues im not sure how to fix. First i will say im waiting on simplify3d to tell me where i can get 4.0.1 when i hit my update thing with in simplify3d it tells me im upto date (im currently 4.0.0) and i see no patch file on simplify3d site so i figured i would skip the 02 for now and move on to F03 but i see issues with F03 as well If you look at the base of 03 in the picture and also along the left side kinda 1/4-1/2 way up you will see like small gaps?? Do i need to pick a different filament brand? is this going to be ok? or do i just need to wait for simplify3d to give me my patch file so i can run 4.0.1?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dWNvj1KsPSd-rrkM40J9ydPFm4Dmuxms

Petr ŠťásekPetr Šťásek
    Keymaster

@warlock121 login to your Simplify3D account on their website. You can download the installer from there. I suggest to keep both versions installed as there may be some issues in 4.0.0 as well. Use Open in program feature through right click menu to open the factory in other version.

I currently know about program crashing bug with Stearman fuselage 7 factory file.

Participant

I found the issue with my not being able to apply a brim to Fuselage_04. The factory file was placing the model .01 mm above the surface, I moved it down .01 now the preview shows a brim!

Petr ŠťásekPetr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

thanks for letting us know.

Participant

Did you figure out how to print Fuselage 03 on the corsair?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Avatarartp.
    Participant

Hi warlock121, I’m fairly new to 3D printing and have a question regarding the Corsair fuselage_03 — the same issue you posted regarding the base of part 03 in post https://3dlabprint.com/forums/topic/3dlabprint-f4u-issues/.

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I’m having the same issue, and I’m using a Prusa i3 Mk3 with the Gcode supplied by 3dLabPrint.

Thanks for your time,

Melvin

Participant

I’m having issues printing the airlerons and elevators. I’m slicing them in Cura 4.0.0 and printing to a CR-10. I was able to import the Cura settings files and used the CURA_ailer_elev profile to make my first pass at the left and right ailerons (01 & 02 of each) and the left and right elevators (_1 & _2 of each). The first pass came out very stringy, but I made some tweaks to the nozzle temperature and retraction settings and there were no strings at all on the 2nd pass.

However, there are still some issues that are bothering me:
    1. For some reason, the internal support structures for the left ailerons and the left elevators are not present. They do not appear in the sliced preview in the software and they’re not getting printed. They are present in the parts for the right ailerons and elevators and print just fine. I can’t tell if this is by design but the left aileron and elevator parts seem very flimsy to me.

2. When I bring the .STL files into CURA ALL of the aileron parts and the shorter elevator parts have solid top layers (the tall elevator parts appear to be open at the top). However, when I slice them, the top layer is either missing (completely open), or just has some strings running across diagonally.

Can anyone recommend some settings to try to address these problems?

Andy

Participant

After printing additional parts – specifically a couple of wing segments, I’m not sure that the open/meshed top layers aren’t intentional. If so, that’s great because that means the wing segments (as well as the right wing ailerons and elevators) are darned near perfect! I’m still worried about the lack of internal structure (item #1 above) in the left aileron and elevator parts. I’m adding some photos. The first three show the open or meshed top layer.

I’m also adding photos of examples of the missing interior structure. Those are the last two. If you look close at the top/end view, you can see that there is no internal structure in the part. On the side vew, you can see where it should have been because of the partial “ridges” on the surface. I suppose I could solve the problem by printing a mirror image of the right side aileron and elevator parts!

Participant

Photos won’t upload! “failed upload test”. Whatever.

But I think I’ve confirmed that the open/meshed top layer may be intentional. In the CURA_wing_fuse profile there are four settings related to top and bottom thickness (Top Thickness, Top Layers, Bottom Thickness, and Bottom Layers) that are set to an “absolute value” of 0. The Top and Bottom Thickness values are normally calculated so I think this is intentional.

Still haven’t figured out the problem with the internal aileron and elevator structure though.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by AvatarDrewGator96.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by AvatarDrewGator96.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.