4 blade prop for Spitfire MK IX

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support RC equipment 4 blade prop for Spitfire MK IX

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gpwicks 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Burton Hooker
    Participant

I’m planning on using setup B for the motor and stuff because it is easiest to just get everything from HobbyKing. But that setup calls for a 3 blade prop and I’d prefer a 4 blade prop. What size 4 blade prop should I look for?

Petr Šťásek
    Petr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Hi Burton, this is a bit problematic. I was searching the four blade prop for a long time as well, ended up ordering the 3 blade listed in userguide.

But I’d think with no responsibility 14/8 4 blade might be ok here.

My advice: go for the rear mounting option for turnigy setup. The motor is being cooled more efficient this way.

Burton Hooker
    Participant

Yeah that’s the motor I’m getting with the 3 blade prop for now…but at some point I would like to go to 4 blade still

dukerogerpl
    Participant

Try this company
    They have 4 blade prop version whcich would be 16D hub most propably. I’m going to try the same engine but with 3 blade prop from this company

gpwicks
    Participant

Has anyone tried using the 4 blade 16 x 10 prop assembly from the FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire?

Seems the size would be reasonably scale, and with the 430KV motor, should provide sufficient thrust.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.