Battery run time for power setup

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support RC equipment Battery run time for power setup

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m thinking for my next plane I am going to go for the power setup and see if I can keep up with the gas combat planes we have out here. So I see the suggested battery is a 6S 1300mah battery…can you get enough run time out of that to combat? Seems to me it would die fast. Heck my 3S 2200mah batteries barely make 5 minutes. If I go with a heavier battery with more mah will I make is nose heavy or do I need to add weight to the nose with the 1300mah battery anyway? If you had to add weight with the 1300mah battery to balance the plane, how much did you end up adding?

Thanks

apocalypsedudeapocalypsedude
    Participant

Flying time is approx. the same with the recommended Eco/Power setups.

Participant

So about 5mins?

Participant

Highly depends on your flying style.

Participant

Well the gas guys pretty much go full throttle the entire time so I’ll need to keep up with that. I ordered the suggested battery to start with just to see how much weight I’ll need to balance the CG. Once I know that I’ll know how much bigger of a battery I can order to get more run time.

Participant

Yes, 4-5 minutes at full throttle.
    I fly this way, too. Either full throttle or motor off. With the performance setup and a 1200mah battery I land after about 4 minutes with 3.8V left in each cell.

Participant

The best way to figure your runtime will be to figure out how much current your motor draws and divide the mah of the battery by the current… to give you hours. If you take the max current draw that will give you a close approximation of how long you can fly full throttle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.