Big Spitfire – Wobbly tail

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Assembly, finishing Big Spitfire – Wobbly tail

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar matthieu.perignon 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    apocalypsedude
    apocalypsedude
    Participant

I will maiden my big Spitfire shortly, but I have concerns concerning the tail.
    Especially the horizontal stabilizers are very wobbly at mine. They shake up and down even when you touch the fuse.
    It is not the glue joint that is bad, but the whole rear fuselage seems to be quite weak.

Is it only mine or do others have this wobbly tail, too?

Petr Šťásek
    Petr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Don’t know if your’s the same but yes, there is some “wobble” in the tail of my big Spitfire. Didn’t seem to be an issue neither in flight nor during the taxiing though.

dukerogerpl
    Participant

Well… I’m concerned about some fatigue effect from this surface being so flexible. I’m planning to implement some carbon spare in form of flat bar inside. General feedback to designers – this should be improved

dukerogerpl
    Participant

Whoever is interested please check my post in customization’s part – I propose 2 modifications to fix this problem.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar dukerogerpl.
    matthieu.perignon
    Participant

Mine is the same. I’ve fitted a cable underneath to “hold it down” on both sides. Not scale but clearly does the job, it adds a bit of tension in the structure and the wobble disappears.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.