C. U wave cruiser build on Anycubic Mega S

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects C.U. Wave Cruiser C. U wave cruiser build on Anycubic Mega S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spratz84
    Participant

I wanted to post my build, and some possible things that might save some people headaches when building and running this. This is my first build using a 3d printer but I have built and flown many r/c airplanes. I am very much still learning all the tweaks needed to get a good 3d print though.

Will post some initial pictures now and more info and pictures/videos later if I ever get this thing running out on the river.

spratz84
    Participant

For some reason the pictures didn’t come through. Trying again now…
    Almost done picture

spratz84
    Participant

One more time trying to add pictures, the hull is regular PLA but I started using PLA+ for the gears and rotors. I coated it with XTC 3d then krylon fusion. Still need to touch it up and do clear coat but came out decent for my first build. Just hope I can get it out on the river soon to see how it does. Will post video once I get it going.

I used marine grease on the shaft and around the bearings to seal it. Also used 20mm screws on the 3 reversing gears instead of 16mm on this last build to decrease the chance of breaking the shaft that holds the 3 gears since that happened in a test run then it sheared the shaft hex.

spratz84
    Participant

Just maidened it today and it was successful with the updated parts that were provided in the Q&A thread. The collet that connects the motor to the driveshaft driver came loose though but that should be fine after tightening better. See pictures and video below.

CU wave cruiser video

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by spratz84.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spratz84
    Participant

One more picture of the electronics:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.