C.U Wave Cruiser Q & A

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects C.U. Wave Cruiser C.U Wave Cruiser Q & A

Tagged: 

This topic contains 196 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar XBob 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Ulf Raudberget

Welcome to the Wave Cruiser Questions and Answer forum

Please let me know if there is any issue with design, printing, or if you have any questions. I’ll try to respond as soon as possible.

C.U

Ulf

Zach Costello
    Participant

Is the build volume in the manual correct at 250x200x200? I’d like to build this model but my maker select volume is 200x200x200. If 250 is needed on the X axis do you think it would be possible to break the part up and glue together after the print?

Ulf Raudberget

Hello

I think that the hull and top cover should work for 200x200x200, the only things I know is the windscreen and top cover seal that are larger. Let me check for shure. I’ll test it in my slicer right away.

Ulf Raudberget

Hello,

Only one of the hull parts fit to 200x200x200. It could be possible to divide the other in the middle, print the halves and glue, but I’m not sure. I can download a test part on Thingiverse so you can try, I’l let you know when it’s available.

Zach Costello
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the support. I’ll try the thingiverse link when you have it.

Ulf Raudberget

Hello,

I have posted 3 stl files for a part of the hull. The original “hull_4” and the two halves. Looks like the halves slice nicely but how they print I haven´t tested.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3009827

If you succeed in printing the halves please let me know and i´ll comlete the whole boat for 200x200x200.

Zach Costello
    Participant

I’ve downloaded the files and sliced them. The hull haves fit no problem. However, the hull steps are giving me trouble. I’ve set the slicer to run three shells at those layers but it still looks like I’m getting gaps. Would you mind taking a look at the factory file? Or, if you have one from your tests you can share it with me and I can modify the printer settings for my machine. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GCM1nO9djpUEoq81NO1TIK2PkGXcMkZM

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Avatar Zach Costello.
    Zach Costello
    Participant

Never mind. I realized you meant to print with 3 top and bottom layers at the hull steps, not three shells 😉 I’ll print this on Saturday and share the results when complete. I went ahead and updated the factory file linked in the post above if you still care to take a look.

Ulf Raudberget

Ok Sounds good, I’l prepare the rest of the files for 200x200x200 and when your print work we have a solution.

Ulf Raudberget

I checked your factory file. works good. but you can use the “Hull_step 1” process for everyting between “fitst layer” to “last layer”. I see in your settings that you have limited the z axis to 185mm. one of the hull parts use 199mm. is that a problem?
    to make it easier to fit the two halves I added a groove and a notch in the split. Please download from thingiverse again. I think that will make it easier in the glue process.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Zach Costello
    Participant

I’ve downloaded the new stl’s and updated the slicer settings per your suggestions. No, the 185 won’t be a problem. That is what S3D defaults to for my printer but I can print up to 200mm.

britain
    Participant

I am in the middle of printing the hull and I am getting a couple of small holes in the print. Any ideas on what I can fill those with the make sure it is watertight?

-Britain

Ulf Raudberget

I have used acrylic paste. See image. Also wodden glue works but the acrylic paste is better to sand.

Attachments:
    Zach Costello
    Participant

I printed the test parts and I think they came out well. I think the grove you made will make it easy to glue the parts together.

Attachments:
    Ulf Raudberget

Yes, looks very good. I’ll have all other parts for 200x200x200 uploaded and tell you when it’s available.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 197 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.