C.U Wave Cruiser Q & A

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects C.U. Wave Cruiser C.U Wave Cruiser Q & A

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Participant

OK, thanks. I did realize that my Z is limited to 190mm. I don’t think it will take much to mode it to get the extra 10mm out of it though. I just need to get some longer rods and mod the carriage a bit.

The stl and factory files for 200x200x200 will be available at the end of the week or beginning next according to 3dLabPrint. I hope you can wait a little.

Participant

Sounds good. Thanks!

Participant

Hi Ulf,

I understand why you design this boat around an over-killed motor: the “in stock” Turnigy AeroDrive 5055 430kv :°)

Did you measure the amp drain with your configuration in order to calculate the power effectively delivered to the propellers?

My idea is to use a way smaller motor (dia 28 or 35 mm) in the 850/900 KV range using a 2S lipo to target a similar rpm at the propellers.

What do you think about this idea (wich will need a new design of the hull part supporting the smaller motor)

The benefit should be:
    -lower cost motor/ESC/batteries
    -better effectiveness ratio
    -Way long lasting battery life
    -etc… 🙂

Anyway, thank you for this smart design

Jean

Hello Jean,

I had this motor for the 3dlabprint large spitfire so I didn’t calculate at all. I like your idea. I can make a special hull 3 part and motor connection for this motor if you like.

Ulf

Participant

Thank you Ulf for your positive reply.

I have an easier solution for you, less work and open to any motor configuration.
    I suggest that you simply remove the motor connection part from hull 3. If you simply design a platform with 2 center holes (at the rear side), we will be able to design our own motor mount in respect to the height and angle of the motor rotation axis. This motor mount could just be glued in place.
    To design his own part, user should only need and respect a few dimension quotes.
    If you are OK to send me a DXF or DWG file of the hull 3, I will easy do the job for us.

How do you feel this idea?

Cheer,

Jean

Participant

The test boat was printed, It worked excellently but only for a minute. then the schaft broke. It is too thin to withstand such power.

Participant

Broken shaft

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Looks like moore perimeters needed. In the factory file I use 3 perimeters ans 85% infill in this area. But see that the start height for this setting should be a little lower. I didn’t have a problem yet. Did it happen by full throttle? Did you use the factory file?

Participant

I used factory file without modification. I will try used 4 perimeters and 85% infill on the whole long of shaft. Throttle was 3/4.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Avatarkarel.mrazek.

Ok, please share the result. Up until it broke, did it run nice?

Participant

It did run very nice and fast. Tomorrow I will print new shaft, but working test will be probably after my holiday in a week.

Participant

I found next damage. The printed parts is not probably suitable for this aplikation. I will try PETG for it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Avatarkarel.mrazek.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Hello there
    I’m struggling with this part in original form. Even if my printer has this range (Original Prusa Mk3) it is so close to boundaries that some lacks of alignment end up with layer shifting. All the other parts I have managed successfully. Shift is happening on X axis.

Hello dukerogerpl
    What part does not work?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.