Consoldated PBY Catalina Q&A

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects Consolidated PBY Catalina Consoldated PBY Catalina Q&A

Tagged: 

This topic contains 57 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Jan Masek 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    j-r-mel
    Participant

HI Martin,
    I have trouble with adhesion to bed for the horizontal stabilizers
    There seem to be missing parts of the first layer ?, or something
    Can this be fixed ?
    All the other parts are ok

best regards
    Ragnar

j-r-mel
    Participant

Where is Martin ??

Jean Segers
    Participant

Long long long hollidays for sure…

Martin Klöpfer

Hi guys!

Nope, no hollidays for me! I had some very big projects running and wasn’t at home except for some hours of sleep and a shower the last few weeks. Also I didn’t get any email notifications for your questions for some reason.

I’ll check on your issues and brb in a few hours…

pokerpilot30
    Participant

Hey Martin! I love this thread and with you being so active on the build! Just purchased a Kyosho PBY and built yours, the models look so great together!

A question for you, do you have any other future projects or planes you plan to make? A shot in the dark but if you are have you considered the Icon A5. With your ability with the PBY I would love to see it! The PBY is my 2nd favorite plane with the Icon as my first. I would love to know if maybe one day you can set your sights on the Icon!

Jan Masek
    Participant

I’ve had a look on the wing and the floats and the solution seems to be cut the wing 2cm using a ruler and hot knife and move the floats accordingly. it will get rid of the issue with hitting the floats. Meantime I start and land with floats pulled up as soon as I get enough speed.

siffer_king
    Participant

Hallo Martin

Ich wollte fragen ob Du allenfalls Interesse hättest an einem weiteren Flugboot design. I bin zur Zeit daran das Oberflächenmodell im CAD zu machen. Das ist dann aber vorerst mal die Oberfläche. Die Erfahrung für das design der Verstrebungen usw. fehlt mir:

View post on imgur.com

Noch lange nicht da wo ich es haben will, das braucht noch etwas:

View post on imgur.com

Ich dachte man müsste das teil so bauen, dass man oben 10 kugel-gelagerte Achsen mit Props hätte. Dann jeweils einen Motor für die rechte und linke Seite mit z.B. Riemenantrieb. So könnte man das Teil von der gösse her etwas im Zaum halten. 1:61 hätte das Modell immer noch 2m64cm Spannweite. Ich denke man sollte so auf unter 2m abzielen.

Dieses Flugzeug hat meines Wissens noch niemand als RC Modell gebaut und geflogen. Ich habe viele Archivdaten von dem Teil. Würde mich wirklich freuen, daraus eine 3d druckbare Version zu machen in Zusammenarbeit. Bei Interesse, Tips oder Hinweisen bitte antworten, damit wir Kontaktdaten austauschen können.

Liebe Grüsse

Ben

Edit: .pdf mit Beschreibung des Flugzeugs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jmrlPsjxMz1d8qg2TSB6Ax9QSNHXr4FB

Mehr daten, grosse Bilder usw. hier: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17kUm_q9O4nJJLSRnoia2zkFce5OZbDUJ

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar siffer_king.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar siffer_king.
    Raedonlpa
    Participant

hola, tengo un problema con Catalina 1.7 MotorPods.factory a la hora de prepararlo a gcode, como lo puedo solucionar? o es así?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Turtletrumpet
    Turtletrumpet
    Participant

Hello,

two very nice videos of the Catalina in HD:
    https://youtu.be/AKjnWdXSwTo
    https://youtu.be/mEntB_jAAbQ

Dirk

Martin Klöpfer

@ romanayoze

Sorry my spanish is very bad, so I used a translator and hope I got it right. The pods are ment to be that way. This area is glued into the wing anyway, so the gaps dont’t matter.

@ siffer_king

Hallo Ben! Sieht spannend aus, allerdings ist das nicht nur als Modell noch nie gebaut worden, sondern real auch nicht. Schreib mir ne PN an info@kloepfermodellbau.de ,
    da das nicht hierher gehört.

Raedonlpa
    Participant

@ MArtin Klöpfer he visto esta alternativa de tren de aterrizaje provicional.

Raedonlpa
    Participant
    Jan Masek
    Participant

I’ve made tunning parts for this catalina – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3625043 so you dont have to wait for update. Just print and glue in place. Replaces original small servos with standard ones and solves the water spray issue.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.