Corsair F4U – STL right wing are missing

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Corsair F4U – STL right wing are missing

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar curry.watson 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    max.eisenhard
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    just started working on the Corsair F4U. I’m using the STL-files, but in den download archive the parts of the right wing are missing. Does anybody has the same problem?
    Maybe a team-member could check this to…

Thank you in advance!
    Max

snookman35
    Participant

I Think you have to Mirror them

max.eisenhard
    Participant

Not really sure about mirroring… The other models had all the necessary parts compiled in the download archieves.

Petr Šťásek
    Petr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Hi Max, just mirror it.

Checked the factoriy files and there are mirrored L side parts.

thewzdoc
    Participant

I was wondering the same. So it really is just a matter of mirroring the left… every other model has had the left and right wings. I assumed as much but this is a lot of plastic so glad y’all answered this already.

thewzdoc
    Participant

You may want to add that into your user guide. It’ll prevent others asking the same question.

Petr Šťásek
    Petr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Well this is covered in gcodes and of course factory files, the other methods are just a fallback, but yes, I’ll think about where to mention this. For now, I’ll make this topic sticky.

thewzdoc
    Participant

Thank you Petr

timmyklus
    Participant

It would seem to me that this could introduce some possibility for errors, if a user did not choose the correct plane to mirror about. and the problem may only be discovered after many hours of printing. I would like to see the left and right wing stl files 🙂

Petr Šťásek
    Petr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Hi @timmyklus

as I said, this is covered in both gcodes and factory files. You just load it, adjust only the parameters specific for your printer and hit the Prepare to Print button. It can’t be any easier. This issue is only affecting other “fallback” slicers, which could be used, but are not directly supported. Yes, it could introduce some errors, but there are plenty of other settings for all the parts, especially the Corsair. We’d need to write down all the parameters for each STL how it’s supposed to be printed, but that’s just double the work.

In other words, if you want it the easy way, use Simplify3D and the prepared factory files. Or you can go the “free” but longer way, and it just involves some greater effort.

Thanks for understanding 😉

albatros
    Participant

How can I mirror a STL-File?

max.eisenhard
    Participant

Hi Petr,

been off for a few dys, but thank you for the reply! Good to know what do do…

Max

albatros
    Participant

Please help me. How can I mirror a STL file?

martin.hammond
    Participant

your slicer or printer host should have a mirror option, personally, i use Cura or repetier host.

albatros
    Participant

I use Simplify3D as slicer and now I found the mirror option. Thanks Martin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.