Covering film alternatives

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects Kaier Falcon Covering film alternatives

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by minhzc minhzc 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    luisen14
    Participant

Hi,

I’m thinking buying the falcon, regarding the covering film, I have seen in the internet other models with a similar build technique and they use packaging tape to cover the model. I’m my country it is a little difficult to find monocote, so I’m wondering if using simple packaging tape will suffice as covering film alternative?

Thanks in advance

wcab77
    Participant

I am also curious as to more details on film covering and how to apply.

minhzc
    minhzc

Dear,
    You can use any covering film type which has one adhesive side (glass window covering film for example).
    Apply the adhesive side into the wing’s surface, cut off the leftover film and using lighter to make the edge more sticky.
    Or you can read this article, this is a more professional way https://hobbyking.com/en_us/news/apply-covering-film-aeroplane?___store=en_us

I have not tried to use packaging tape yet but Im afraid it’s not suitable because the wing structure is complex and the tape is too thin.
    Regards.

wcab77
    Participant

In review of the link provided “read this article, this is a more professional way https://hobbyking.com/en_us/news/apply-covering-film-aeroplane?___store=en_us” .

Are there concerns about the heat from the iron and how it might affect the plastic? My guess is that there is no impact if the iron is held in place for a short period of time.

minhzc
    minhzc

Hi,
    It’s no problem if we do it quickly. The heat will affect the film before the wing structure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.