EDGE 540 V3 HANNES ARCH REPLICA 64″ ANNEALING PROCESS

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support 3D printers EDGE 540 V3 HANNES ARCH REPLICA 64″ ANNEALING PROCESS

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brothers.matthew 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ukdjteezer
    Participant

Hi been having trouble with the ANNEALING process, I’ve included some pictures of this.
    the problem is, as it boils in the pan, the part doesn’t remain flat and seems to warp with the heat ? Plus doesn’t shrink to the size of the next piece as stated.
    Can anyone help me with this & how you got this to work,I have watched several youtubes on how to but nothing as to critical spec.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sebastian.popp
    Participant

I have a little bit experience with annealing PLA in the oven. The parts always warp, there is not much you can do about it. For the shrinkage, I would print a test sample, anneal it an measure it’s dimensions. Then scale a second one in Slicer (use the exact measured % differences on all 3 axes, note that at least Z will be different from X and Y) to compensate for the shrinkage.

I read the manual of the edge, and the only way which might help with warping is the annealing on the print bed he is writing about: Don’t remove the part from the heatbed when it’s finished and cover it with some isolating material. Then heat up to 100°C over 30min. Maybe a little bit longer is needed depending on your insulation, as the part has to heat to 100°C in each point, not only at the print bed.

brothers.matthew
    Participant

I used the heated bed and covered it with a soup bowl, worked really well for me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.