Electric sander suggestions?

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Assembly, finishing Electric sander suggestions?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar martin.hammond 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Burton Hooker
    Participant

Hey everyone…so I’m going to be building and painting more and more of these planes and to be honest…sanding down the sealer/primer by hand is just taking too long for me. So I’m thinking some sort of hobby sized hand held electric sander would be good for me to get. I’ve looked a little bit on-line but I’m really not sure what type of sander I should get. I was originally thinking some sort of miniature belt sander but as I look around more I’m thinking a small orbital sander might be better. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I filed and sanded some parts of my model by hand. I used a rotary wheel in a dremel for some other parts, however you need to be careful with the speed as it tends to melt the PLA if too fast.

martin.hammond
    Participant

minicraft do a nice orbital sander,not sure how well it will work on plastic tho.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.