F4U position locks

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Assembly, finishing F4U position locks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stanford.douglas
    Participant

I am printing the large F4U. Everything is going well and I have about /2of the fuse printed. The manual refers to “position locks” is there an STL for these or do I have to make my own in FreeCAD?
    “Glue fuselage parts F1-F10 with CA glue together (position locks will help you).”

Regards,
    Stan Douglas

nuclearnco
    Participant

on the edges of each of the pieces are little cut outs. cut thin triangle pieces of plastic that fit in there and glue them in on one of the pieces. Then when matching the other up to it, it holds everything in position ie, alignment. I dont do all of them, only about half to help hold alignment when gluing. I think they are clever if only, I need to fill them after gluing before paint.

buscadorde
    Participant

The manual refers to “position locks” is there an STL for these or do I have to make my own in FreeCAD?

REGARDS

carlosperez21334
    Participant

I have the same promblem

nuclearnco
    Participant

I just cut mine from store gift cards.
    There is always a rack of empty gift card waiting for you to put money down on them.
    I grab about a dozen at a time and then just cut them to shape.
    they are just a bit thin, but have been working for me.

I 2nd the need to fill before paint. it does suck, but then again, unless I am printing a show plane, i dont really care on the flying plane if it is kinda ugly.

Kevin Smith
    Participant

There is a file in the wing file called Sure bond that is what you are looking for the locks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.