FFF Profile from S3D

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support FFF Profile from S3D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Russell
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have a Geeetech i3 Pro B and am trying to get my head around S3D. I have printed the P51 wings and fuselage using Cura but the results are not as clean as I had hoped. I have played around with temperatures, flow rates and copied the recommended settings into the S3D FFF’s as per the videos, which are bloody brilliant, so thank you for those. I am still having difficulty getting good prints from S3D. I have fitted a 3D Touch to the printer and the Z axis are compensating, via it, for a level platform. Happy to send my FFF files if that would help.
    The filament I amusing is:

Premium 3D Printer Filament Product Specifications

Material PLA
    Net Weight 1KG
    Spool size
    Spool Diameter 200mm + Inner Hub 55mm
    Material Diameter 1.75mm
    Tolerance
    Variations/Roundness + /-0.05mm
    Compatible with
    Ultimaker, Makerbot, Felix,UP, Afinia,Leapfrog Creatr, Builder,Reprap and many other FDM 3D printers
    Certification RoHS,SGS

I’m open to any suggestions as my wife thinks she has lost me to the 3D printing bug and she may well be right…

Cheers,
    Dave (Australia)

Stepan Dokoupil
    Keymaster

Hello I have a look to S3D Factory file you sent me (via mail), it looks OK for me, please let me know detail of your issue or some photo will be great so I can help you more…

David Russell
    Participant

Hi Stepan,
    Thanks for the quick response to my problem…

I have included photographs to help you.
    The fuselage printed okay but the layer bonding was really weak as was the internal structure.
    The tailplane was also weak and split easily.
    The base of the tailplane was solid and I was unable to attach it to the fuselage tail assembly.
    All the items were printed at 200 with the heated bed at 60.
    Please let me know if you need anything more…?
    Cheers,
    Dave

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stepan Dokoupil
    Keymaster

try increase nozzle temp to 230 this is the best for our Thin Wall printing (in both FFF proces if using Simplify3D) if not weight it and let me know how much grams…

David Russell
    Participant

Hi Stepan,

Raising the nozzle temp to 230 seems to have solved the problem as I’m printing a fuselage now and it looks really good compared to the previous results.

I also, as a result of this YouTube advice ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj9Woql9iHE ), have run ‘Mesh/Separate Connected Surfaces’ in S3D and then, leaving everything it found ‘check marked’, sliced the result. The resulting print is very clean and the interior support is printing without stringing. Hoping this may help other 3DLabPrint users…

Photos to follow…

Cheers,
    Dave

David Russell
    Participant

Hi Stepan,

Found a problem with the Mesh…

For some reason the motor mount did not print when I executed the GCode from S3D. Everything else was fine but, as you can see from the photos there is no mount for the motor.
    …1368 shows no motor mount at all but all the support structure is there.
    …1369 with no Mesh has the motor mount but a lot of stringing on the inside. Is this a retract problem?

Do I cut the reinforcing from the print with the motor mount to place the printed mounts?

The increase in temp has really helped and I will persist with the print of the fuselage with the temp at that level.

Thanks for all you help, really appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dave

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stepan Dokoupil
    Keymaster

hello, please upload Factory file from S3D I will give a look on it….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.