Help with printing…

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Help with printing…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Stepan DokoupilStepan Dokoupil
    Keymaster

Please let us know some details first:
    Which slicer software you use (or Gcodes)
    Your printer specification
    Filament
    Airplane
    Some picture of your issue will be great…

Participant

Simplify 3d software, Anet A8 prusa clone, Ziro PLA Stearman

Is there anyway to print the pins for the gear legs separate? They fall over on the bed (using PEI).

Thanks

Keymaster

hello, we dont try print it separate so far, because we need some time for cooling this small parts…

Kevin HuntKevin Hunt
    Participant

Pins look fragile anyway as they are printed in the sheer line. I have substituted mine for carbon rods.

Participant

I agree with Kevin. I had the same issue, tiny parts knocked over. I can draw them and print separated, but will go with machine screws and nuts instead. Stress on this part would be between layers in reality and that’s the week point. Not trusting the printed part for an axle unless it’s printed horizontally

LeoLeo
    Participant

Hello,

Please let us know some details first:
    Which slicer software you use (or Gcodes): aura 2.3.1
    Your printer specification: Ultimaker2
    Filament:PLA 2.85
    Airplane: Edge and PT17 stearman
    Some picture of your issue: added

I have had lots of trouble finding the right Cure settings.
    Especially when there are more parts on the building plate I got a lot of stringing.
    A good example is the Edge landing gear stl, containing 4 parts.

The supplied Cure settings wit h”bowden” update for my Ultimaker 2 weren’t enough to solve it.
    My answer is to manually tune the cooling on the ultimater to 100%

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by LeoLeo.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by LeoLeo.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

Or increase retract distance to 4-5mm and set retraction for all spots

Participant

Hi All

Anet A8 Prusa Clone, 1.75 Esun Filament..Cura 2.3.1 // S3D 3.1.1 // Repetier 1.6.0
    *** would it be possible for you to “screen shot” your S3D, I know all printers differ and filament plays a major roll, but it helps shooting the fish in the barrel..
    e.g. what printing speed, etc.. It will help me eliminate certain issues..

Thank you for the great Project.

Jaques.
    (South-Africa)

Participant

Hi All

Anet A8 Prusa Clone, 1.75 Esun Filament..Cura 2.3.1 // S3D 3.1.1 // Repetier 1.6.0

see problems experienced in Prints..
    my inner structures are weak, incomplete with blogs.. regardless how hard i try to prevent..

See attached

Jaques
    (South-Africa)

Keymaster

Hello, please we get no images from you…, as I know Anet A8 works, but it differ printer from printer, if you use our factory file for Simplify3D it should work if your printer is in good condition, sometimes helps to set layer height to 0.2mm instead default 0.25 please look at our FAQ section…

Participant

I have 2 printers with RAMPS 1.4 controllers with Marlin I3. All Gcode files print great for Spitfire, Stearman and Cessna except the tyre Gcode. On both printers the first layer looks great but NinjaFlex is feeding to fast and fills up in the extruder motor area and the print has to be aborted. Any idea as to what is wrong. Also there isn’t any STL files for the tyres. Are these available?

Keymaster

Hello, yes, printing tyres could be a problem printer by printer, please find STL files for tyre in Cessna_152_wheels and try find the best setting for your orinter and filament, you can use sny slicer software for this tyre…

Participant

Were are the Tire STL files?

Participant

I am having problem with PINDA knocking over parts on extreme left of board. Have not moved the printer since starting a few days ago , some parts come out fine. PINDA is not loose but seems to have very minimal clearance on prints parts. Do I need to do a recalibration after moving PINDA up? The circle around base of new parts seems to also be much thinner than when finishing original calibration.

Ron

Keymaster

Hello, yes if you move PINDA a bit up, you will need run up new calibration proces…, STL for Tyres are located in landing gear folder/subfolder…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.