Help with printing…

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Help with printing…

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Petr ŠťásekPetr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Cura 3.0.4 seems to have some issue with inner structure of 3Dlabprint STLs. Try to use previous version or different slicer and no infill!

Participant

@andrew2

There’s a post elsewhere on these forums that says there’s a setting in Cura that needs to have its value set to zero in order for it to slice the internal structure of all the objects on the bed. I changed that setting and it got it to work for me. I don’t remember the name of it and I’m at work right now so I can’t retrieve it right away, but I’ll post a reply to this forum when I get home.

Participant

Hi all i am new to printing and I am printing the smaller spitfire 38 in wing span and i am using the Anet A8 prusia I3 and me and my dad have went to assemble parts and the parts aren’t lining up any thought? Also I am using cura 15.04

Thanks
    Jacob

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Avatarpilots54.
    Stepan DokoupilStepan Dokoupil
    Keymaster

Hello please post some photos so we can recognize the problem, it should fit exactly, did you check your printer with XYZ calibration?

Participant

Hi there

Thank you everyone for replying.
    I tried various things with Cura 3, Cura 2, but it was easy to do without doing anything with Cura 15.04.4.
    Thank you very much.

From japan

Participant

Really struggling with getting this to print right. Two outer wing parts printed fine, but now R9 (Pawnee model) is not printing well. Using S3D on a CR-10. I’ve now tried two brand new roles of filament (not moisture related). What else can I try? Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

what are your S3d settings? (mainly the first page)

Participant

I’m using the following settings on S3D. Appreciate the help!

Attachments:
    Participant

I’ve done some more troubleshooting as this issue is really bothering me. I’ve now opened a 3rd role of PLA, and it too has the same exact issue. Each role of PLA has been a different brand and two of them were brand new un-opened/sealed rolls.

I’ve taken apart my printhead to make sure there was no clog. The inside was VERY clean. No debris or clogging at all.

I then had the print-head spit out 300mm of filament and it came out perfectly. There was no “popping” noises or any gaps in the stream. It was very consistent.

When I print the R&L9 parts for the pawnee, I can hear the printhead making a slight “pop” noise as it’s laying down the outside wall. When I hear that noise, I can see that it’s not laying down an even layer of filament. There is a 1-1.5mm gap. These tiny gaps make up all of the holes you’re seeing in in the photos I posted above.

Again, Any help is appreciated.

J

Participant

on the 2nd page, change the layer from .25 to .2

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by AvatarAlex T.
    Participant

man, I see your problem, I have a CR10 and made a lot of the same mistakes,
    those might be good CR10 settings for normal prints but not for a thin wall print

Multiplier, change to like 1.05, Retraction of 6.5 is crazy, do 4 to 5, you will get “some” stringing inside but its better than weak parts, retart should be positive not negative, try .15, reduce coasting to .15, wipe to 2

using hatchbox grey PLA at 230 degrees, works great,

Participant

Awesome! Going to give that a shot now. I had tried some prints at .2, but was still having the same issue. Will try again with your suggestions now. Thanks so much. Really appreciate it!

Participant

I also use a slow print speed, what are you using?

Participant

Hi Alex – Definitely a big improvement! Still needs a bit more work however. I’m seeing far fewer holes in the print which is good. I am seeing some issues around one of the corners as you can see from the pics. Interested to hear your suggestions here.

As for print speed, I’ve printed from 40mms up to 60mms. This one was at 60mms

Thanks again

Attachments:
    Participant

I feel like the settings are getting closer.

I’m now at:
    Extrusion multiplier- 1.03
    Retraction distance- 3.00
    Extra restart- .15
    Coasting distance- .15
    Wipe distance- 2.00

See the latest pics. What changes are needed?

Thanks again

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.