Help with printing…

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Help with printing…

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    Participant

in prepare view i see te part as its intended but when i go to preview some of the supports on the inside of the part are missing so when i print there is alot of stringing inside

im now printing one part at a time to eliminate part to part stringing but i still have the inside stringing

its kinda like cura is not interpreting the inside of the part

Participant

In the retraction settings there is an option to enable retraction at layer change, i found i needed that enabled.

CAn you export your settings profile and post it.

Participant

Thank you Martin for trying to help me. You are appreciated.

With this profile in cura 4.0 preview view there is alot of stringing and the inside supports arent slicing (inside supports arent present). Also the exterior walls are super thin.

THANKS

Participant

Upload Errors:
    CR10S5-3D-LABS.curaprofile: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Martin i cant upload my profile

Participant

[general]
    version = 4
    name = CR10S5 3D LABS
    definition = fdmprinter

[metadata]
    type = quality_changes
    setting_version = 6
    quality_type = draft

[values]
    adhesion_type = none
    remove_empty_first_layers = False

[general]
    version = 4
    name = CR10S5 3D LABS
    definition = fdmprinter

[metadata]
    type = quality_changes
    setting_version = 6
    quality_type = draft
    position = 0

[values]
    bottom_thickness = 0
    infill_sparse_density = 0
    meshfix_union_all = False
    multiple_mesh_overlap = 0
    slicing_tolerance = exclusive
    top_thickness = 0

Participant

Badiashile, fb88 18, made 20 appearances for Monaco in Ligue 1 last season and is thought to be valued at around €35m

Participant

I am printing the spitfire compatibility kit on a Ender3 printer with the cura4 profile I have found on this forum. Most of the parts are OK but some of the parts are having gaps between the layers. Shown in the images attached. Is there a way to fix that? Maybe increasing the layer hight from 0.25 to 0.30?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarzozo.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Has anybody else had difficulties printing the wing sections for the PT-17 Stearman using the supplied Gcodes?

The problem that I have is that when the printer reaches the second level of structure (not the initial set on the first few layers) the nozzle seems to catch on these structures. After a few times of catching it will inevitably break one part free from the bed, making all parts on the bed wasted. Fuselage parts printed without issues.

I’m using a Prusa Mk3S (open enclosure) with crash detection disabled, Anycubic PLA. To try and resolve the issue I have tried adjusting nozzle temps between 200-230 c˚, bed temps between 55-70 C˚ and different print speeds down to 65%. Same problem every time.

I’ve tried to produce my own Gcodes in PrusaSlcer by replicating as closely as possible the settings for Cura by 3DLabPrint and the suggestions from ‘CNC Kitchens’ (great) videos, but they never produce the same strength and/or appearance quality as the supplied Gcodes. Are the Gcodes available for these as individual sections, rather than several sections to a plate?

I have found a low-tech way to work around it, and that is that once the print has reached enough height, I’ve been supporting each end with a bit of blu-tack. It’s less than ideal, but it’s the only way I’ve found to finish these parts. If anyone has any thoughts, advice, or info I’d really appreciate it. Included are photos of just a couple of my failures and a photo mid-print using my ‘blu-tack hack’.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by AvatarJamie Quinlan. Reason: image not uploaded
    Attachments:
    Participant

An update from my previous post. So far using the blu-tack method I’ve been able to print sections 1 & 2 of the upper wing and all of the lower wing, with one exception. “Ste_wing_DOWN_LR_1_3.gcode” still has collisions to the point that parts break away from the bed, even with the blu-tack.

I’ll try to include the image of the blu-tack method image that did not upload with previous post, along with image of the most recent failure.

Attachments:
    Participant

Today I tried printing the C4U with my Artillery Sidewinder X1.
    As slicing software I use cura 4.2.1 and the profile CURA_wing_fuse.ini.
    When printing with option A Gcodes I have the same result.
    mabe someone can help me

Attachments:
    Participant

Looks like under extrusion to me. Have you set you E-steps to extrude exactly 100mm with G1 E100 F100? Once that’s correct you must set the extrusion multiplier so that printing the cube single wall at 0.48 is exactly 0.48.
    Both of these vary from printer to printer even of the same make and model. When I started out I had under extrusion and discovered that my E-steps for my Ender-3 were set at 93 from the factory. The correct value was 103.
    You cannot get reliable printing unless you have these values correct. IMHO

Participant

Here’s a tip, I add a cube and the stinging test column to my prints and print only them at first to see if my settings are reasonable. You print only the cube or the columns or both and not the other parts. You don’t have to print the whole test to see if things are working. See the attached photos. I use SImplify3D, but I’m sure you can do the same thing with Cura.

Attachments:
    Participant

Help, I was going to slice and print from the STL files for my spitfire and the first piece was wing L 1 but when loaded everything into Cura it looks great as a solid model but after slicing and when you go into preview 99% of the inner structure isn’t there. I have Cura 4.3.0 installed if that matters. I imported all the print settings no problem but never got to that point. I did try printing it anyways and no inner structure. I though maybe it was Cura so I even loaded it into Repetier, Slicr3 and same result. In Cura and under experimental and under slicing tolerances there are 3 settings “exclusive” is the setting that retains the most detail and it helped but still 1/2 or more of the inner structure is missing . The G-Code works but I wanted to adjust some settings on my own. Attached is a picture of the start of the piece.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarJeff. Reason: Picture didn't upload
    Participant

Hi, I have a new Prusa i3 Original mk3 using Simplify 3d and am trying to print The F86 parts. So far I have not been able to get first layer adhesion, the first layer just lays on top of the bed loosely.The printer is set up correctly with first layer calibration and I can print any of the test files supplied on the SD card without any problems.I am using hair spray on the powder coated plate which has worked ok on other prints. I have tried the settings form the website and tried various heat settings for the extruder and bed. Any ideas what I can try to get these prints done. I am new to 3d printing.

Participant

I’m looking for some help. I have a Lulzbot Taz, With the CURA Lulzbot 3.2.32, 3 mm filament. Can you direct me to where I can find the best settings for your aircraft. I printed out one P 47, but I’m far from sure that it’s the optimum. Thank you very much. Dan Kurtycz. Dyscrasia@mac.com

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.