M2x6 bolt head type to use

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects Kaier Falcon M2x6 bolt head type to use

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by minhzc minhzc 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pyurgal
    Participant

I just purchased the stl files for the Falcon and I was wondering if there was a recommended M2x6mm bolt type to use? Should I use button head type or the countersunk flat head kind? What about the knurled cap ones? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

minhzc
    minhzc

Dear,
    You can use any regular type of M2x6 bolt and nut. For example this type https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kjYAAOSwopRYkkMy/s-l300.jpg
    As long as the diameter is 2mm, and at least 6mm long. The knurled cap might not be suitable because we need screw driver for almost cases.

Regards.

pyurgal
    Participant

Great. Thank you for the information.

Paul

marc.platvoet
    Participant

I would like to get some direction on what tools to use to get the screws in place.
    Like on the tail there is almost no room to get with a screwdriver to the hole where the screw goes in.
    On the wings I have seen similar things.
    I love the design, but I do see some issues with the screws.
    and could you send a link with what screws and nuts where intended to use.
    That would be much better than a photo.

minhzc
    minhzc

Hi Marc,
    In some place that it’s hard to put the nuts by hand, please use a piece of filament like this photo https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EP1NR9AA6H1C3A139NX0rl1v3_4rpdyP
    Please use M2 x 8mm screw and nut, they are popular in mechanic shop around your home, just ask the seller the name.

Regards.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by minhzc minhzc.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.