MadDavo's P38

Home Forum Your planes Lockheed P-38 Lightning MadDavo's P38

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just waiting on a reverse 9×6 prop and it’ll be ready for the maiden flight.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Well, such as it is, here is the maiden flight video!

Maiden Flight

I must own up to a bad bad landing – a very poor turn on final stuck it into the grass. The aircraft had plenty of power but I was too chicken to use it. Just as I got it in the air there were about a dozen people that arrived at the ground.

Attached is photo of the damage. I am reprinting Fuselage #2 and #3 at least. The wires of the nose gear ripped off and the main gear struts bent, so a bit of repairs needed but nothing too bad. As long as the servos and retracts all still work that’s the main thing.

You can see in the video I had an Eachine FPV camera/transmitter in the cockpit. The FPV signal was poor – only a dipole antenna. I will replace it with a circular antenna and maybe up the signal too from 25mW to 50mW. Also I think I’ll reposition the camera to the nose – that will also help with COG a little but more importantly give a more unobstructed view.

Looking forward to flying this again!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Avatardavek. Reason: fix photo attachment
    Participant

Photo retry…

Attachments:
    Participant

Repaired and ready for 2nd flight.

Attachments:
    gnt2003gnt2003
    Participant

Nice colour scheme 🙂
    Hope you get it dialed in for the second flight, it’s fun to fly when the nerves stop!
    Great repair job too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.