Merging 2 stl files for large printers

Home Forum General Discussion Merging 2 stl files for large printers

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mayk.goettke 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MARTIN
    MARTIN
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m interested in this topic as I have some 400mm tall printers that I would like to test with some of these models. I’m currently having some slicing issues at the moment though as I need to use relative extruder movements and Cura only uses absolute from what I can tell, but when I find a solution I will definitely attempt to stitch a few parts together.

I would be happy to help the community/3DLabprint with this if there is away but appreciate that would be difficult to organise due to the fact that the models cannot be shared.

If someone from 3DLabprint reads this then please feel free to get in to touch, maybe I can stitch just two parts together as a test for you to evaluate 😉

@MartinKirby – After you have imported the STL into Blender try pressing the ‘/’ key on the number pad, this should centre the part in front of the camera.

Cheers

martin.hammond
    Participant

Cura 3.6 under special modes you can select relative extrusion.
    Probably the same with earlier versions

MARTIN
    MARTIN
    Participant

Thanks for that Martin, I finally realised I was on an older version (2.6) that didn’t have the the option. Working better now but still under extruding, will need to do some more tweaking next week.

mayk.goettke
    Participant

I merge all possible Parts. It´s saving Time and makes Parts stronger. Also saves weight like Qtrainer Part F7 F8 merged 79g singel print 90g plus glue. My Printer is a CR10 with Volcano Hotend.

Attached some Pictures from Qtrainer F7+F8, L3+L4 and Zivko Edge Fuselage Up 01+ 02.

I know printer starting Point for Print wasn´t the best on the Zivko. But this Edge is just for testing with 10 Euro Filament from Kaisertech. Cheap but crazy Colour lol.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Avatar mayk.goettke.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.