My brand new BF-109

Home Forum Your planes Messerschmitt Bf 109 My brand new BF-109

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar ludovic.caricand 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ludovic.caricand
    Participant

Hi guy’s, that’s my first 3D printed plane !
    Printed on a bowden, no heated bed Dagoma discoeasy 200 printer. I first printed the test part found on thingiverse thinking it would not work but it surprisingly did ! So I bought the rest of the files and started printing it ! Had to deal with underextrusion, tweaking the printer, the bowden being the biggest problem ! Having no heatbed caused a little bit of warping but after sanding and filling the remaining little gaps I was able to assemble the plane !
    I then went outside to maiden it and … Damn that thing is so fast ! Even with the eco setup ! Being used to DIY foamies, the feeling of having a war machine in the air is present ! I landed it with no damage and came back home victorious !
    The next flight was good to but I broque the fuselage on landing. It’s quite tricky lo land that little fast plane ! No major damage, just glued it back together and it was good to go again !
    I then started a little paintjob to make it look like the real thing (Orange was the only colour I had when I started printing it). Now it’s nearly finished and looks better !
    Fantastic job 3D labprints I couldn’t imagine it would fly so well. I will probably make an other one soon !

ludovic.caricand
    Participant

Pictures !

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ludovic.caricand
    Participant

Paint

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.