not solid on some kind of parts

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Printing planes not solid on some kind of parts

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar couger29 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jimmy.broeckaert
    Participant

hi i use the prusa mk3 printer and the gcodes i buy it from the site, now i have a problem, i have on some parts a little bit space between the layers. i put some pics in the question so you people see it what i mean. sorry i m a beginner and some help will be welcome.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ukdjteezer
    Participant

Hi there I’m new to this 3dlabs thing and at the moment I’m printing a Slingsblade, which wasn’t without it’s problems. from what i can see it looks like layer height is to high maybe 2 or 2.5 if so try lowering it to 1.5 or even 1. Plus need to know more about your “slicer” software settings

I was using cura to print but just couldn’t handle the constructs needed to print the parts, its took me about a week to realise this. I went onto try all different slicers, in the end I settled on simplify 3d, that wasn’t with its problems setting up but finally end up with perfect prints.

Like they say on here, every machine needs different setting & every slicer need different setting for different machines. I found out the hard way brought the product from 3d labs and then found out, I wasn’t as good at this printing as I thought. This is a very time consuming hobby, but well worth the final results, when you turn up at your local club with a plane that you made, then everyone will want what you have 🙂 . good luck with the print

Word of advice the internet is your “friend” and setting you machine will be many hour searching for other peoples problems to see how they sorted it.

jimmy.broeckaert
    Participant

i bought the plane because they said the gcodes are ready for the prusa mk3 and so i dont have to bay the simplify3d . with the slicer on prusa (slic3r pe i cant do anything and cura is so difficult, the most of the plane parts are good but sometimes i have this problem

grtz jimmy

davbow
    Participant

I just bought and tried the same part on my MK3 using the Gcode and got the exact same result in the same place (hole/thin layer). Did you find a solution?

couger29
    Participant

hi every one i had this problem and found it was the bed not being level enough so i re leveled my bed and also turned up my flow to 105 and turned my speed down to 40mms and now it prints fine with out the gaps in the layers

couger29
    Participant

sorry also using cura 4.1 , also i changed the retraction to 3mm and 80mms speed , seems to be going well at the moment , iam bulding the sterman plane

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.