OshKosh MATV – Q&A

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects OSHKOSH-MATV OshKosh MATV – Q&A

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hello,

please let me know if there is any issue with design, printing, or if you have any questions. I’ll try to respond as soon as possible.

Participant

Hi dear,
    Have trouble to print “front bumber”.
    Not all items are flat on the print table at the start.
    1 item (right) is on print table, the rest comes after 3rd layer.
    Slicers are simplify3D and idealMaker and have the same problem.
    See attachments
    regards
    Christiaan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I actually wanned to say, it’s not possible, but you are right!!
    I’m very sorry. I’ll fix it ASAP.

Thank you very much for letting me know.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by AvatarPetr.
    Participant

Is it at all possible to get the same wheels but in a 2.2 size. I have a truck that this would look great on but it runs 2.2 tires. How hard would it be to modify the WB? I have a very unique custom build I am looking at putting this on. Thank you

Hello wblteen,

if you don’t mind that wheels will be out of proportion to the rest of the car, I can re-design my wheels to 2,2″. Are you able to send me dimensions?

Participant

Ignoring everything except the ID and OD, here is a standard 2.2 wheel. That should be the only change necessary. It’s ok that it will be out of proportion. It going to be more of a aftermarket/custom look. Thank you very much. Might take me a while to modify the wheelbase for my needs but I will make sure to post a pic of the progress

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Avatarwblteen.
    Attachments:

Alright, will see what I can do with that. Are you sure, you need only diameter? What about width and don’t you need to specify offset?

Participant

I run pretty close to the diagram above. My offset is more but where I’m at now is almost 9.5inches wide from outside to outside of tire. Your body is much narrower than that so less offset probably would be that bad. The beadlocks I run now I cant find the tech specs on them.

Participant

Quick mock-up of the body. Just need to modify the trunk for wheelbase and dual rear axles.

Attachments:
    Participant

Would it be possible at all to get the files so I can modify them for my wheel base? I need to go to 320mm and 490mm.

Did you try to just scale the current models up?

Participant

Scaling won’t work. The wheelbase from front to middle axle is 320mm and then another 170mm to the rear axle. If I scale I would have to scale it different for each of the trunk sections. I want to take two trunks and stack one behind the other. I was hoping to be able to extend the first by 7mm just in front of the wheel well and do the same to the second, but by how ever much I needed

Well I’m sorry, but I won’t be able to help you with this one, I’m afraid. It is possible and might look awesome, don’t get me wrong, but it would be a quite time consuming job. Also modifications like this usually destroy all constrains in my model (yes I know, next time I’ll be smarter with designing), so it would really take a lot of time, I don’t have :-(. I don’t want this to sound stupid, but did you consider to use my models as a base and build around it with PSH?
    Wheels I can do though, those are simple.

Participant

No problem. I understand. I’ll just use the cut feature and scale it the glue it all together. Thanks for the great body

Participant

Main pieces together

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.