P47

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a prusa mk2s when printing the fuselage on the print bed it Will do the outside perimeter of the part and then start filling it in I think this part was meant to be hollow is that the case or is it simply removed after the print.ive tried cura and prusa control with no luck

Participant

It should be hollow…is your infill setting set to 0%?

Petr ŠťásekPetr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Hi Kenneth,

Please redownload the plane from the download section. I added the gcodes and factory files for thunderbolt.

Participant

Ok I downloaded them again everything seems fine,the only other problem I’m having is the nose and the 2nd part of the fuselage don’t line up perfect,I’ve printed it twice with the same results,any suggestions

I’d check your XY calibration. Print a 4″ square box and measure corner to corner on the diag. to see if it is square.

Participant

When I calibrated the machine it came out perpindicular,not sure how that could have changed but maybe I’ll do it again

Participant

There should be a gap at the top between parts 1 and 2,this is for cooling and is shown in the pdf.

Petr ŠťásekPetr Šťásek
    Keymaster

Right… see the P-47 photos – there should be a gap. I’m surprised how often this question has been asked though 🙂
    P-47N

Participant

Lol yeah after talking to my father,he told me the same thing he’s a retired aircraft mechanic and I’m actually printing it for him

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.