Retracts for F4U Corsair

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support RC equipment Retracts for F4U Corsair

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have the Option A setup using the FMSRE005 RC retract units. I am not having good results. My gear have started to fail to retract/extend properly and when I landed last time one of the metal trunions broke.

I would like to use the Eflite 60-120 rotating retracts like on this website: http://www.espritmodel.com/electric-retract-main-60-120-size-95-degree-rotating.aspx

The picture shows the dimensions of those units: the mounting plate is 44x38mm and the main body is 18mm wide.

Will any of the existing LG mount options fit these gear?

If not can 3dLabprint provide a file that fits the Eflite gear?

Participant

On the “Contact” menu item on this website it says, “Need a Help? Please write your question in our Forum – find suitable topic or just create new one – Thank you, we will answer soon.”

I wonder what “soon” means?

Participant

Hello
    can I please ask you if you got your retracts sorted? I am also having problems with the Option A retracts on my Corsair – they seem to be very temperamental, sometimes they work, sometimes they get stuck in the middle when retracting. I have already spaced them up a bit as I thought that the metal mechanism hits the seating in the wing, and made sure that the mounting area for the retracts is completely flat, but still not reliable enough at the moment.
    Cheers

Participant

I purchased a set of Eflite retracts but haven’t figured out how to make them fit. I wish the 3DLab guys would respond to questions posted in this forum!

Participant

I have the Eflite retracts as well. So far of the 2 completed prints Option A is close. Will see what happens when prints for Option C and D are completed.

Participant

Option D looks like the closest fit for the eflite retracts. However they are not a neat fit as the holes dont quite line up. A shim will be required under the retracts to allow them to sit flat on the housing and sit clear of the base of the housing. The best solution would be an Option E version. Aligning the holes and build the mounting points where the retract sits in the housing by about 2mm. About 2 minutes work if you have the original design files.

Participant

I sent a request to 3dlabprint for some support on the retract mounts on January 15 2020. No Reply so far.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.