SlingBlade wing4 problem

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects SlingBlade SlingBlade wing4 problem

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Donald Wright 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    carl_wahlin
    Participant

Hello,

I love delta wings and just had to buy this plane. Having problems printing “the bend” – wing4.
    The top part does not want to print a solid skin. Same problem with S3D and Cura. For S3D I used the provided factory files and only changed the retract setting (I use a bowden tube). Any ideas how to print a solid skin?

Se attached image of the problem.

/Carl

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Donald Wright

Hey, Carl – Yes, that looks like a familiar problem that can happen when the angle of the print exceeds the layer height. Something we missed on making the typical factory files for the Prusa type printers. The solution is to simply reduce the layer height on this particular part, say to 0.10 instead of the factory file setting of .025. This makes the layer thinner of course and allows one layer to build on top of the other – longer print time of course but it is a small part. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

PS, if you are up on S3D, then you can change up the layer height setting midway through the print – say it begins to print at a 0.25 and 10mm up it changes to 0.10. S3D has some powerful tools for doing stuff like this.

All the best, Don

carl_wahlin
    Participant

I added another process in S3D from 10mm and up with 0.1mm layer hight. I am doing the first 10mm in 0.2mm layer hight. Will post results tomorrow morning 🙂

/C

carl_wahlin
    Participant

Your solution worked like a charm!

On the left you se the old part at 0.2mm layers. On the right +10mm printed in 0.1mm layers.

/C

Attachments:
    Donald Wright

Hey, Carl – you learned a valuable secret to 3D printing! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and how it turns out.

All the best, Don

wov
    Participant

Hello, I had the same problem when I printed these parts the first time. I did not read this at the time, but found another solution. I simply placed the part on the other flat surface and kept the 0.25 mm layer height. The other way around it printed just fine.

Wolfgang

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar wov.
    Attachments:
    Donald Wright

Thanks for the tip, Wolfgang. Let me know how the plane works out for you!

All the best, Don

Christoph Albiez
    Participant

Wolfgang thanks for the tip 🙂

best regards Christoph

Donald Wright

So cool to see people printing out the files. That’ the neat thing about creating code, people all over the world have the ability to “create” the exact same thing as the original. Thanks for the pictures.

All the best, Don

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.