So far, this is actually quite fun.

Home Forum Your planes F-86A Sabre So far, this is actually quite fun.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I did a lot of test printing of fuse parts to see what the best filament to use. I found that my Esun silver filament was more dense by length than any of my solid color or white filament. I measured a 3 meter exact length and diameter of silver and blue and found the silver was heavier. My test prints of large fuse parts were several grams heavier than 3dLabs calculated weight and when I printed with a solid color blue I found the weight was bout 1% less than their calculated weight of their part. Here are some pics of the progress. I plan on a light coat of silver paint and a custom paint scheme based on the F86 on a platform at our local airport that I fell in love with as a kid.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Avatarsalvadr.dali.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Here is the silver

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Avatarsalvadr.dali.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Be interested to know what printer and slicing software you are using.
    Regards Martin.

Participant

Hello Salvadr.dali.(and other Sabre printers)

I’m using the prepared G-codes for the Sabre on my Prusa I3mk3.Everything goes very well 3D printing the fuselage…….no problems at all.
    BUT.I do have problems with the left and right fuel tanks!
    3 Fuel tanks came out “guit right”
    BUT 3 other fuel tanks NOT,after about 50% of the print time always 1 item of the 4 parts gets been pushed away of the printbed with a loud “BANG”

I also tried to print the fuel tank with the “normal” STL files on a UP box+ 3D printer and exactly the same happened,always the same part that is been pushed away!

So,this is my warning to you and other Sabre printguys!And I hope my message will come through so that in the future this will not be a problem anymore.

Greetings:Robin

Participant

I am having the same problem printing the right fuel tank. I have yet to try printing the left fuel tank. The file prints four parts. The part that prints on the front left corner of my printer (also a Prusa MK3) has failed to print properly three times. Before I try to print the tank again, I would like to separate the four parts and attempt to print only the part that is failing.

Are you aware of a way to separate the file? I have tried MatterControl and TinkerCAD. Those programs will not import the .STL file.

Were you ever able to successfully print the fuel tank? If so, how?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.