Spitfire Mk IX modification of wobbling tail

Home Forum Printing and Tech. Support Customizations Spitfire Mk IX modification of wobbling tail

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jamerfut 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dukerogerpl
    Participant

Hello
    As I was about gluing the tail part of the plane I spend some time trying to stiff a tail part to remove wobbling effect. I end up with two conclusions:
    1. Tail part is open from aft part what is making whole section flexible
    2. Horizontal stab miss one line of stiffening; actually it is so soft that plating is deflecting inside by itself.

Following this opinion I have worked some medicines:
    Re.1 I printed tail part with 2 layers bottom plate which after printing went through whole cutting, I guess part can be modified as well. My solution does not require it

Re2. I have modified horizontal stab introducing additional line of elements; weight difference is little less than 1g

If someone is interested I can upload modified part to thingiverse and share with you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    thoemse
    Participant

It would be nice to have that modified file. I am still finishing my corsair but the Spitfire is on my list.

dukerogerpl
    Participant

Here you have modified STL here:

PART in thingiverse

jamerfut
    Participant

I am concerned about all the section joints where they glue to one another i think it needs to have all the fuse strengthened with a spar of some sort i am worried it will come apart in the air with the strong wind where i fly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.