Stearman

Home Forum Your planes Stearman PT-17 Kaydet Stearman

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Bob 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bob
    Participant

Ready for a test flight, might be a while it’s winter here now but I can’t wait.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    danridge
    Participant

Hi Bob,
    Your plane turned out real nice. I am in the process of printing and assembling the same plane. I hope to have it completed in the next few weeks.
    Most of the parts are printing fine except for tires, My extruder doesn’t work well with TPU filament.
    Good luck on your maiden flight.

Dan

Bob
    Participant

Hi Dan,
    Thanks a lot. The flexible filament is a challenge. I have an upgraded extruder on my printer that I fit on my Anet when my other printer died. This extruder is specifically made to print flexible filament. It’s called the Flexion.

Good luck with your build, post some pictures when it’s done.

Bob

danridge
    Participant

Bob,
    Thanks for the info On the extruder.
    I see it on Amazon for $170. I Might have to wait awhile before buying that. I will probably just buy some wheels for now.
    I will be sure to post pictures when it’s done. Don’t forget to post some video of your maiden flight.

Dan

flyraex
    flyraex
    Participant

The clone E3D V6 will print ninja flex. Make sure that the temp is right and slow the print down.
    My first tires were printed with the stock 8net A8.

danridge
    Participant

My wife got me the Flexion extruder for my birthday, and I finaly got the Ninjaflex to print.
    Here is a picture of my progress so far. Where is the center of gravity located on this plane?

Thanks,
    Dan

danridge
    Participant

The picture did not attach to my post. Lets try this again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob
    Participant

Looks good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.