sugested prop for Kaier Facon

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects Kaier Falcon sugested prop for Kaier Facon

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by minhzc minhzc 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gharriso
    gharriso
    Participant

Could someone suggest a pitch and a vendor for the suggested 3 blade prop shown in the picture of the plane flying. A part number or/and a manufacture would be great. Could a 2 bladed prop. be used? if so, please suggest a starting size. As a newbe, I would opt for speed to be on the low side.

minhzc
    minhzc

Hi Gharriso, sorry for the late reply because the system did not notice me.
    It’s depended on the motor power. The basic requirement for best performance is the thrust must be over 1Kg.
    For example:
    – with 2216-880kv motor, you can use 10×7″ 2-blades propeller
    – with 2216-1100kv motor, you can use 10″ or 9″ 2-blades propeller or 8″ 3-blade-foldable propeller (fold-ability for not being broken when landing)

Please look at your motor specification table to find a suitable propeller.
    For examle this product has all the detail we need:
    https://aliexpress.com/item/HIgh-Quality-SunnySky-X2216-2216-880KV-1100KV-1250KV-1400KV-1800KV-2400KV-II-Outrunner-Brushless-Motor-For/32816236136.html

Thank you.

minhzc
    minhzc

A simple way to test the thrust is: get a electric balance, tape your motor on it and push max throttle to see how much force it makes.

gharriso
    gharriso
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. 1) I could not find manufacturers data for 2216 1100kv. Data is available for 880, 1250 and 1400.
    2) The comment about electric balance is somewhat confusing to me. Are you suggesting a prony brake type setup to measure the motor torque; using a digital scale to measure the arm you could calculate stall torque. In that case you would tape the motor to the reference ground plane and connect an arm attached to the motor and to the scale. From the scale reading and the length of the string you could calculate Torque. I don’t know how to get thrust from this. Took engineering physics in 1952 and don’t remember them mentioning thrust. I thought thrust was force.
    3) I think the practical answer is order any 9 or 10 inch folding prop I can find that has a hole for a 3.175mm shaft. All the probs I have found so far are for larger diameter shafts.

Thanks for your help. Any additional comments would be appreciated. Gerry

minhzc
    minhzc

Dear,
    – Please refer this product detail (recommended prop section)
    https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14HJofNSYBuNjSspjq6x73VXak.jpg_640x640q90.jpg
    – I meant force of weight, because the simplest way to test the thrust is using a balance. The take-off weight is around 850g then the thrust should be over 1Kg x G = 9.8N for best performance.
    – There are support rings to fit the propeller with the motor, please use it.

Regards.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by minhzc minhzc.
    gharriso
    gharriso
    Participant

To moderator: I thank you for pointing me to the site for the motor data. I found it.

I have printed out the nose cone pieces. Could you provide me with the url of a vendor that makes a 3 bladed prop and hub that fits those pieces. I would appreciate that very much. Gerry

minhzc
    minhzc

I recommend you to use 2 blades propeller or folding propeller. I will send you the stl files to print the spinner for 2 blades prop later.

The 3 blades propeller that I used to make the advertisement pictures is not really suitable for landing because it is not foldable, it just looks cool.
    If you still want it, here is the link (you also need to widen the hole to fit with 2216 motor)
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32310302315.html?pid=808_0000_0201&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32310302315&aff_trace_key=e05bb9e4fd81468fa50648f23552e799-1528891894815-09066-UneMJZVf&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite
    Regards.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by minhzc minhzc.
    gharriso
    gharriso
    Participant

Moderator: Want to go with a prop that folds. Will your spinner for a two bladed prop, work with a folding propeller? If so, a url or part # would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to printing the 2 blade spinner. Thanks for your patience and help. Gerry

minhzc
    minhzc

Dear, the folding prop already has spinnner then we dont need it anymore.
    My spinner design is only for non-foldable prop, I will send you on the next 2-3 days.

Regards.

minhzc
    minhzc

Dear, please download the spinner STL files for 2 blades prop:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cK9xwwMJW8zdz30FbNXV4udDEfWqbGHQ

Please ask me if you need more support.
    Regards.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.