SZD-21-2B "Kobuz 3" Q&A

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects SZD-21-2B “Kobuz 3” SZD-21-2B "Kobuz 3" Q&A

Tagged: 

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar davidfj1100 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Markus Desel

Hey, I´m the creator of the Kobuz 3 model.
    Pls let me know if there are any issues or questions regarding this design. I´ll try to answer as soon as possible.

Greetings, Markus

martin.benes
    Participant

Hello Markus,
    Thank you for this design, I was waiting for glider like this one is. If possible, I would like to know weight of some fuselage and wing parts – I need to setup extrusion multiplier properly. This design is a little different, so old experience with multiplier will not be accurate I suppose. Standard 1.02 value is too much for my printer, I expect it will be 0.88-0.94.
    Thanks for your help

Markus Desel

Thank you for the interest, I’m not sure if I have single wing parts left, so I might have to reprint one. I will let you know as soon as I get home.

Markus Desel

I weighted some parts I found. Every part weights about 10% less than shown by Simplify3D using the available Factory files, e.g. “W1” weights 170gramms and Simplify3D shows 190gramms.
    I can create a spreadsheet for you, in case you don´t have access to Simplify3D.
    Pls let me know if there are still any questions, I´ll be happy to help

martin.benes
    Participant

Thank you very much Markus, especially for your fast reaction.
    To know real weight of W1 part is very useful for me. I also use S3D, so I can use S3D calculation for second weight check. I’ll test it tomorrow and give info about suitable multiplier for Prusa I3 MK3.
    I cannot rule out that I will have another questions, but unfortunately now I have to finish the roof at the cottage and after I will have more time for the models…

thomasc5
    Participant

I just finish LW1 and it weighed in at 188 grams and took 14h 1 min on a Prusa Mk3 with the standard Gcode. Now onto RW1. oops better change the spool.

seblevcam1
    Participant

hi,very nice design o)
    are there test pieces somewhere to download?
    thank you

martin.benes
    Participant

Hi, I tested 0.89 extrusion multiplier on left W1. Final weight is 166g on my MK3 with Plasty Mladec transparent PLA. The part seems to be very strong and reliable. I’ll use this multiplier for printing rest of plane.

thomasc5
    Participant

Hi Markus,
    I am hunting down the parts for the Kobus and I noticed that you specified 1250 mm of 16×14 carbon tube. Does this need to be in one length and where is it used?
    Thanks
    Tom

Markus Desel

Hi Thomas,
    The 2 larger carbontubes are used as the wing spar and should be in one piece. If you can’t find any in that length, you could combine 2 by putting a 14mm diameter tube inside the others and glueing them together. I bought the ones I used here: https://www.r-g.de

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Desel

I uploaded some test files in case you want to check your printer compatibility ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/15d25j0l8bzs1iq/Test%20files%20Kobuz3.rar?dl=0 ).
    I also Uploaded additional footage with better quality ( https://youtu.be/gr_0nK03snQ ).

Greetings,
    Markus

Ralf Wunder
    Participant

Hello Markus,
    can you give us the recommended weights for the two parts in the dropbox?

Kind regards
    Beste Grüße
    Ralf

Markus Desel

Hi Ralf,
    The weight of the parts I printed are always about 10% lighter than the estimated weight by Simplify3D.
    For the test parts I weighted W1=170gramms and F7=96gramms.
    My parts have always been lighter than the weights given by 3DLabprint for their original planes, meaning its probably no problem if they´re a little bit heavier than mine.

Grüße,
    Markus.

seblevcam1
    Participant

thank you markus for the parts
    seb

thomasc5
    Participant

Hi Markus…which parts are printed in black. Its a bit hard to tell from the drawings. Red bits are a bit more obvious.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.