SZD-21-2B "Kobuz 3" Q&A

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects SZD-21-2B “Kobuz 3” SZD-21-2B "Kobuz 3" Q&A

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar manta400 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Markus Desel

Hi Thomas,
    The black parts are the upper nose cone parts and F1B.

Greetings,
    Markus

lermanrafi
    Participant

If the wing parts are printed with 3 bottom layers why not also print with 3 top? The way I see it, It allows more surface area for the glue to bond the parts together

Markus Desel

If you want, you can print them with 3 top layers. But in the testing I did the wing never broke at a glued spot, because of the pins connecting the pieces.

Greetings, Markus

Brian Ford
    Participant

I have most of the parts printed, there are a couple of things I’ve noticed, and will tweak those on the next model. There is a more frustrating problem I’ve found with the wings. The various carbon tubes I managed to get are exactly the dimensions quoted, the holes in the parts are also those dimensions. With the small but numerous imperfections of the print within the spar bore, it is extremely hard to fit the carbon tubes. I have purchased some cheap reamers so I can clean the holes and get the parts to fit. Sanding PLA doesn’t give a good result.

I have bought quite a lot of carbon tubing in the past and it seems to be either just less than the diameter quoted or exact like these are. Anyone else noticed this? How are others managing with wing assembly? What size is your tubing, where did you purchase it?

Markus Desel

Hello Brian,
    if you have trouble fitting the pins, you can try to use a 4,2mm drill and manually redrill the holes.
    I tested all holes and had a perfect fit using tubing from https://www.r-g.de/en/home.html .

Greetings, Markus

warthog478
    Participant

Greetings Markus,
    Are the plans available?
    Regards,
    Warthog, South Africa

warthog478
    Participant

Hi Markus,

My apologies, I see the plans are available in the store.

Thank you,
    Warthog

ivan.macko1
    Participant

Hello Markus, pls in the userguide it says that the required printer volume is 200x200x200mm, however the i3 Mk2 printer hlave 190x210x250… Is it still possible to print using original Gcodes pls?

Markus Desel

Hello Ivan,
    all parts should still be printable, but you might have to rearrange some of them.
    Depending on the orientation of the 190mm axis, F4/F5 and the F6ABCD package could be critical.
    Let me know if you have trouble rearranging them, I can send you different gcodes.

Greetings, Markus

rcapaverde
    Participant

Hello Markus
    I’m having some problems printing the wing parts that have servo slots (W2 and W5B). My printer is an Original Prusa i3 MK2S. It seems you don’t put any bridging or support material for the upper perimeter inside the slot (“upper perimeter” considering the printing direction). PLA sags near the perimeter and it takes a half dozen layers before the printing resumes to a normal condition. It renders a very rough finishing. Any reason to do that? Why not adding some support material on this feature?
    Congratulations for your project. You did a wonderful job.
    Thank you
    Ronaldo Capaverde

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar rcapaverde.
    curry.watson
    Participant

Hi, It appears that the stl files for the right hand wing are missing from the download? Could you please advise?

curry.watson
    Participant

manta400
    Participant

Hi, It appears that the stl files for the right hand wing are missing from the download? Could you please advise?

me too

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.