trouble printing part 12, v_tail_shaft

Home Forum 3DLabGANG projects Kaier Falcon trouble printing part 12, v_tail_shaft

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gharrisogharriso
    Participant

I have tried printing this part five times and it has toppled over each time. I don’t understand why the Platform Adhesion should be set to none. Would not BRIM be better. I’m using Cura 3.4.1. Is there any way of telling the slicer to provide better support at the base. The point contact at the base is not strong enough. There is no support at all
    in the “Y” direction. Would it be possible to change the design to provide a break off piece at the base or make the piece into two shorter pieces? Would a different slicer solve this problem? The printer is the original Prussa I3 mark 2. The rest of the body parts came out great. The wings have some problems where the screws go. If I glew some of the wings together I think I will be ok. I have tried layer heights of .2 and .1mm.

minhzcminhzc

Dear,
    As you could see the file V_tail_shaft_PV.stl already has a thick support on the bottom by design, then you dont have to add brim for it. Incase you use the original file V_tail_shaft.stl, then you need to add brim support.
    The layer height 0.2mm is OK as tested.

Regards.

gharrisogharriso
    Participant

Thanks for your help. The problem was I was printing the part upside down. Cura 3.4.1, the latest version, does this by default. You must rotate the part 180 degrees.

minhzcminhzc

Yes, good to know your problem was solved.

Regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.