Many times the users face with an issue of the AOL Gold icon missing from the desktop screen after they successfully install AOL desktop Gold upgrade in the operating system. One can easily restore the missing icon from the system tray, and the steps for the same are discussed below
• Bring the mouse cursor to the right side of the system tray
• Click on the small triangle icon
• This will open the programs that are installed in the system
• Locate AOL Desktop Gold and choose the option to create a shortcut
• This will create a desktop icon on the screen.