video Kobuz

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar guido.bove 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    guido.bove
    Participant

Dear Markus,
    I am planning to build your Kubuz but since it is the first 3D printed model i am going to build, a building report on video would be a great help. Does it exist or are you planning to make one in the near future…. Another question about the motor…is there a Hobbyking motor suitable to replace the Hacker A30 that you are suggesting….i thought about a Turningy SK3 3548 motor….

Best regards

Guido

Markus Desel

Hi Guido,
    nice to hear about your plans. Unfortunately there is no Build-video for the Kobuz and there probably never will be one.
    I would suggest you to build atleast one original Labprint plane before moving on the the LabGang section, because unlike the Labprint staff I am not a professional designer and therefore cant provide the same fail-proof quality. If you´re very confident in your abilitys as a builder and pilot, you can probalby do with a few tipps from the forum, but to print a little spitfire would help alot.
    Regarding the motor there is no problem with using a different one in terms of power, but it should be compatible with the Glider conversion kit (which is still necessary), should be similar in size and it should not have bad thermal properties.
    Let me know if there are still any questions.

Greetings, Markus

thomasc5
    Participant

Hi All,
    I have just about all the parts printed and can take a few photos with the parts layed out so people can get a feel for how it goes together.
    Cheers
    Tom

guido.bove
    Participant

Hello Tom

That would be a great help !

Best Regards

Guido

guido.bove
    Participant

Hello Markus

I already builded the easymax and i builded many planes in conventional wood style.
    i don’t really understand why the Glider conversion kit is needed since i will only use it as an electric glider…

Best Regards

Guido

Markus Desel

Hi Guido,
    The glider conversion kit is basically an extended motorshaft. It is needed because there is not enough room for the motor.
    The motor is mounted further back in the nose. I can send you a picture when I get home.

Greetings, Markus

thomasc5
    Participant

Here is the first photo of the wing layout with ailerons and flaps. I need a better camera and back ground but this will do. Tail photo to come next

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Avatar thomasc5.
    thomasc5
    Participant

Here is the image …sorry for that but I got caught out by the file size limit

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    guido.bove
    Participant

Thank you Thomas! Please also send me other fotos when available !

guido.bove
    Participant

Thank you Marcus. Please do.

Markus Desel

Sorry for the delay.
    I prepared some visuals to show the necessity of the Glider conversion kit or similar accessories to extend the shaft.
    I hope this helps

Greetings, Markus

Attachments:
    guido.bove
    Participant

Hello Markus

Thank you so much! Now i understand the necessity.
    Next week i return from vacation in Egypt and will attempt the construction of this beautiful plane !
    I hope that, since there is no video manual available, i can count on your expertise and help if necessary…

My very best regards

Guido

thomasc5
    Participant

Here is a photo of the motor with the glider extension

Attachments:
    guido.bove
    Participant

Hello Markus
    Next week i will have the components to build the fuselage. I was looking at the manual and couldn’t find out where you locate the servos for the rudder and the elevator and how the servo extension cord is attached to the elevator and the rudder… I suppose you use plastic outer tubes with in it a steel rod…just like the ones we use in conventional wooden planes… How do you attach these tubes inside the fuselage to keep them in place?
    Could you make some photos of your Kobuz that show where and how the servos are located in the fuselage and also of the attachment of the rods to the elevator and rudder?
    When gluing two parts together and to avoid having glue coming out and making spots on the fuselage…can i just put glue on the inner part of the two pieces to be glued or is it necessary to put glue on the whole connexion area?
    Thank you Marcus for helping me out!

Guido

Markus Desel

Hi Guido,
    the servos are located in the tail/rudder, so you only have extension chords going through the fuselage.
    You should glue the outer parts aswell. To avoid glue dripping outside, I allways wipe the seam with a cloth before applying activator.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.